I'm curious, how should an asker go about finding an answer to a question if that question has been asked but the previous accepted answer does not work?

Specific example: Applying discount brings grand total to negative 1 cent is fairly marked as a duplicate of How do you fix rounding issues? but the answer to that question rather explicitly states that the issue will be fixed in 1.8. The problem is, when I posted my question I identified that the problem I have still exists in 1.8

I'm not saying my question should be re-opened. What I am trying to discern is whether or not there is a way to say "Hey, this answer turned out to be wrong...what now?"

2 Answers 2


Your situation is fairly unique. I would suggest posting a comment to the answer stating that issue still persists in 1.8.

Also if you are as grumpy as I am you can down-vote the answer.

  • 1
    Not feeling exceptionally grumpy today...maybe Monday :P Mar 7, 2014 at 13:33

As a general conventions:
In these cases I think the OP should state in the question. "I tried the answers on (insert question link here) but the result is (insert result here)".

I think that providing the result you get instead of saying "but it doesn't work" should get you a higher chance of your question not being marked as duplicate.

  • I'm actually ok with it being marked as a duplicate, because it obviously is...Having said that, I did provide my result in my question. Mar 7, 2014 at 15:52
  • @DavidWilkins. Yeah I saw that. Nice work. I was talking about the general case. Just in case someone has a similar issue as yours (as concept) and decides to post a new question.
    – Marius Mod
    Mar 7, 2014 at 15:55
  • Gotcha, thanks :) Mar 7, 2014 at 15:56

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .