I've been working lately on cleaning up the old and unanswered questions.
(My hidden agenda is to get the answered percentage as high as possible but this is not why I ask this).
So I've been browsing this section and tried to answer some of the questions and close others.
I admit that maybe I was overdoing it and voted to close some of the questions that shouldn't be closed. But I guess that's why you need more than one vote to close a question.
But I'm almost sure that most of the questions should be closed.
I've read this to get an idea of what should be closed and what shouldn't, but this is kind of vague and it depends on each SO website in particular. So I went on and took a look here.
My conclusion... we should define a better scope of this website.
There are a lot of questions still open that are not going to help future readers or questions requesting for very custom code that apply to one case only.
Here are some of them:
- Saving a review requires a website ID?
- Page content in CMS doesn't reflect live page
- Which Magento modules allow to set tiered pricing depending on category?
And I can go on if needed.
To sum this up...I have 2 questions:
- How can we define a little clearer the questions that can be asked here?
- How can we make the voters more responsible for their actions? I know that clicking "Leave open" is easier than to read the question and maybe provide a reason for closing but let's try to keep a clean website.
This turned you to be a "here is why I didn't closed the question" list.
I wasn't expecting that. I don't care about the reasons you don't close questions. I'm sure (most of them) are legit reasons.
I wanted to focus more on how we can make the closing process and the on topic questions a little more clear...if that is possible.